Best of 2012

Welcome to my blog! 
I've wanted to share my love of beauty products for a long time and have finally decided to take the plunge into the blogging world! 
Here I'll post product reviews,recommendations,beauty tips,make up and fashion looks! 
If even 1 of my posts helps someone find a new product they love I'll be happy :)
Enjoy 
Xxx

For my first blog I am going to pick my favourite products of 2012,products I now cannot live without!! 
There are sooooo many I would love to talk about but I have managed to narrow it down so here we go...

1. Urban Decay Naked basics palette 
    €26
    Debenhams

We all know about and possibly own the naked or naked 2 palette from
Urban decay and I have nothing but good things to say about those palettes so what's so different about this and why do I need it in my make up kit?? 
Well for a start 5 of the 6 shades are matte,now obviously this won't appeal to the girls out there who love their shimmer and sparkle but it makes for a much more wearable daytime look! 
Secondly the size of this is just perfect for throwing into your handbag and I mean even a clutch bag when you are heading on a night out!
 And finally 4 of these shades are brand new exclusive colours...do I really need to say more???

 2. Mac strobe cream
    €31
    Mac BT2

I bought this on the recommendation of one of my favourite YouTube guru's although now I can't remember which one it was,Gossmakeupartist possibly?? 
It is now an essential product for my everyday routine,when my skin looks dull and tired I put my strobe cream on and instantly it brightens up my skin and gives it radiance! Although It's on the Mac website under the moisturisers category,I personally wouldn't say it is very moisturising but when you put it on you know it is doing something good for your skin,if you purchase it you'll know what I mean!! 

3. Mac 150 brush
    €49
    Mac BT2

I deliberated for a long time over whether to purchase this brush,I always loved the look and feel of it but when it came down to it I decided it was just too expensive :( then one day I got sick of going into mac and stroking it and decided it was finally time to be the proud owner of one!! Well...have I looked back since??? Nope,never! I love it! 
It was worth every last Penney! It applies bronzer and loose powders like no other,it doesn't shed and I bring it EVERYWHERE!!

4. Mac whisper of gilt
    €30(I think)
    Mac BT2

Wow is what I thought when I first saw this in Macs Glamour Daze holiday collection! 
It's simply an absolutely beautiful highlighter,it catches the light perfectly and when I wear it I get compliments off everyone! 
Unfortunately I am unsure if this was limited edition as it was part of the holiday collection but fingers crossed it wasn't! 

5. Essence I love style liquid eyeliner
    Penneys
    €3.09

About a year ago I ran out of my Smashbox liquid eyeliner and was heading on a night out with the girls! The only place I had time to run to was Penneys so I just grabbed this by chance and I can honestly say it is 100% better than the considerably more expensive Smashbox one I was using! It applies so easy and is a true black,if you ask me the price tag is just a bonus!

6. Estée Lauder daywear SPF 15
    €50
    Debenhams

I can't for the life of me remember how I got into using such an expensive moisturiser but when I hand over my hard earned €50 I know it is well worth it!
As someone with really dry skin that would often break out in dry patches on my face I can honestly say that since I started using Daywear I have never had one of those horrible patches again! 
My holy grail Skincare product! 

7. Mac lipsticks
    €17.50
    Mac BT2

 Russian Red
 Nicki Viva Glam
 Up the Amp



Where do I start..nearly every lipstick I own is from Mac! The colour range is amazing and there is something for everyone whether you are more of an understated beauty or a stand out in a crowd kind of girl! As there are so many gorgeous colours I narrowed it down to the 3 I used the most this year! 

Russian Red
This is a dramatic deep matte red! I definitely wouldn't be wearing this during the day but it is perfect for nights out and is always my go to lipstick when I am doing the "little black dress" look! It has great staying power and looks fab with or without a gloss! The only red lippy I have ever repurchased!

Nicki Viva Glam
I only recently purchased this one but since I have it's been in my handbag! It's a bright pinky peach and definitely not for the faint hearted seen as the one and only Nicki Minaj is behind it! There is a gloss to match which is on my shopping list! 

Up the amp 
This is another bold lip colour but one which can be applied lightly for a subtle purple hue or when applied heavily a full on purple lip! Gorgeous with a little bit of gloss on top!

8. Lauren's Way tanning range
    Halo beauty salon
    Prices vary

As a TOWIE fan I was really excited when I heard that Lauren was bringing out her own tanning range and as soon as I heard it was available in Halo beauty salon in Drumcondra I was first in the queue to pick it up,but would it be any use or just another celebrity putting their name to a mediocre product?? Well certainly not the latter as I discovered! It is so easy to apply,does not smell,does not streak and is such a natural buildable colour..not really a TOWIE tan at all it seems?! 

Well that's it for my first ever blog,I hope whoever(if anyone) reads it enjoys it and finds it helpful!
 It's just for fun!
After all as Goss says it's only make up! 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

  1. Hey! I'm new to blogging as well and just wanted to say I really like the layout here, I think the naked palette must be in everyone's 2012 must-haves!! :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! I hope your blog goes well! Yes it's definitely a must have :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Golden Globes

Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan Review

All About The Base...