Beauty on a budget

These days I can't afford to be a make up snob. 
Don't get me wrong I still love my high end products but when your Mac bronzer runs out and you just can't afford to buy a new one until payday it is a great opportunity to try out a more pocket friendly alternative!

Some products are definitely worth splurging on and in some cases there is no doubt that spending the money at the start will save you money in the long run but this is not always the case.

Here are some products that I have recently replaced with much cheaper drug store alternatives and I haven't looked back since... 

Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural




Replaced with:

L'oreal Glam Bronze



For years I was dedicated to my Mineralize skinfinish natural but when you are using a product every single day you go through it so quickly and at €30 a pop it was becoming an expensive habit. 
So after hearing some good reviews I decided to try L'oreal Glam Bronze  and I can safely say I won't be switching back to Mac. Apply this to all the places the sun would naturally hit for a beautiful bronzed goddess look. This product has a beautiful creamy consistency that will look flawless on the skin and won't look caked on. 
You get 1 gram less than the Mac product but I certainly don't think that 1 gram is worth the nearly €20 more you would be paying for it! Glam Bronze can be found in any chemist or the likes of Tesco and Dunnes stores. I normally purchase mine in Boots where it is always on offer at 2 for €18 or 3 for 2.

Eylure London Volume Lashes 

 

 

Replaced with:

Primark Beauty Sultry Lashes 

 

 
 
If like me you wouldn't dare go on a night out without your false lashes you'll know about the brand "Eylure". They are probably the most popular and accessible brand of eyelashes with the likes of Katy Perry and Girls Aloud collaborating with the brand to create their own line of lashes. 
However over the years the price of these lashes has creeped up and up so when I went to boots and they were looking for nearly €10 for one pair I decided it was time to look for an alternative! After many disastrous attempts at applying poorly made lashes I picked up the "Sultry lashes" in Penney's and with a price tag of €1.50 it's safe to say I was not expecting much. However, I could not have been more wrong. These lashes are beautiful, they look more natural than the Eylure's but still give that full lash effect we all want to achieve. 
I can not recommend these enough, they are really up there with the best and I always make sure to stock up on every visit to Penney's.
My top tip is to use a really good glue, this will ensure that they will stay in place all night because as we all know nothing ruins a good selfie like the corner of an eyelash sticking out!
Always make sure to wait 30 seconds to let the glue go tacky for a much easier application!

Urban decay 24/7 Glide on lip pencil




Replaced with:

Catrice long lasting lip pencil




It was in my quest for the perfect "Kylie Jenner" lip colour that I stumbled across these fabulous lip pencils.
My plan was to go for something cheap and cheerful just in case it wasn't exactly the colour I was looking for so I picked up The colour "vintage rose 150" in Penney's for €2.29 and WOW I just had to go back and purchase more straight away. 
The creamy consistency is beautiful yet the pencil is sturdy enough to apply pressure and get a really precise application. 
They prevent lipstick from bleeding and definitely live up to the "long lasting" name on the label. There are 12 colours to choose from and I predict you will want every single one of them and the best news is you can get 8 of them for the price of 1 urban decay 24/7 lip liner..woo hoo!

The are so many more drugstore products that out do their high end counterparts.
However I will leave you with these goodies to try for now! 

Peace and love xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Golden Globes

Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan Review

All About The Base...