2016 Beauty Favourites


2016 was a big year for beauty.

With so many new brands and products on the market we beauty lovers were spoiled for choice.

Here is a rundown of the products I could not live without in the past year...

Foundation


It will come as no surprise that I did not find any foundation to replace my trusty Estee Lauder Double Wear this year.
Believe me I have been searching for an alternative for years now but I always go back to this full coverage, flawless foundation.
At €40 it isn't exactly cheap but in this case you get what you pay for.




Lip Product


2016 was without a doubt the year of the liquid lipstick and I certainly found myself following this trend.
With glossy lips a thing of the past I stocked up on many different shades & brands of "matte liquid lips".
Two brands in particular that stood out for me were Kat Von D Everlasting lipsticks and Kylie lip kits.
Both brands have a creamy, luxurious formula that not only look amazing but last all day.





Affordable Make up brand


My favourite High street make up brand this year has been Flormar.
In my opinion no other affordable Make up line has even come close to the quality of their products.
If you haven't already checked them out make sure you do in 2017, you will not be disappointed!
My recommendations are the illuminating primer make up base and their highly pigmented powder blushes.
These are products I find myself reaching for over my high end alternatives every single day.





Eyeliner


Any make up lover knows the importance of a good eyeliner.
There is nothing worse than finishing off your smoky eye with the perfect wing only for it to be faded before you have even left the house.
With this particular pet peeve of mine in mind I have two recommendations.
The first being Inglot's gel liner, use this with the right brush and you can achieve the blackest and sharpest liner ever.
Alternatively if you prefer a liquid liner go for Kat Von D tattoo liner.
This one comes in a pen form so is a little easier to work with.
A great option for beginners.






Eyelashes


I will always be a fan of Penney's €1.50 eyelashes but I do know people who struggle to work with them as they are so flimsy.
So if you are looking for something that is a little bit more luxurious yet not too expensive I would highly recommend the Ardell range.
This range is also available at Penney's and retails at about €6 a pair.
I get about 3 wears out of each pair and they are so easy to work with.
Remember letting your glue go tacky makes applying lashes so much easier so be patient!




Eyebrows


This year I switched from powders to pomades and I haven't looked back.
My product of choice is the Anastasia dip brow pomade in the colour caramel.
It is so easy to apply and most importantly lasts all day long.
I purchased mine in March, have used it every single day and still have half a jar left.
A great investment for brow queens!




I could go on all day but I will leave it at that for my 2016 favourites.
Let me know if you try any of these products out on my recommendation.

Thanks for reading

Nadia x x x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan Review

MAKE UP PRODUCTS WORTH ORDERING ONLINE